Friday, August 27, 2010

My Baby Flew the Coop

Last weekend, Lindsey was a bridesmaid in a dear friend's wedding. Her friend, Hannah, offered to do her hair. Wow, she did a gorgeous job. I cannot believe Lindsey let me take pictures. So she must have thought it looked pretty good.

Last night, August 26, 2010, we had a little send off party.
This was "Lindsey" week around here.
I made all her favorite meals including:

Tuesday: Steak and red smashed potatoes
Wednesday: Best ever taco salad
Thursday: Chicken lasagne

She has pretty good taste, wouldn't you say. We all enjoyed the excellent food.

Keith and Kristel came to enjoy the lasagne and celebrate the sending. Kristel has been the "big sister" and Keith has been the "big brother" that Lindsey needed over the past few years. They have really stuck by her and been great FRIENDS.
Dave (our soon to be "neighbor") came with fruit.
Farmor also joined us to see her granddaughter off to college.
Packing day. I suggested to big sister to let the siblings help. They were thrilled and made quick work of it. Here they are in an almost empty and clean room.
The car is loading up. Good little Honda.
She was happy to help. Actually, Cora is almost always smiling.
Hmmm...where do I want that. Starting to wonder if it will all fit...
Uff! This one is heavy. But I'm getting the job done!!!
Come to think of it, why IS she so happy?
Because this means the girls get to move to a new room,
which is VERY exciting for 3 young ladies.
Kloey did her fair share, for sure.
Loaded to the gunwhales! She only took what she needed.
GROUP HUG!
Sibling style.
Micah is in the middle.
Loves that boy with all her heart.
I'm here to tell ya, he's a great kisser.
Sharing a moment.
He's going back for an extra slobbery one...
Cora is still smiling!
Erik got a hug and a tickle.
They are both fiendishly ticklish.
My allergy kids.
Kloey went in for the warm hug. Not sure what she is thinking.
Erika got her fair share of a hug, too.
Going......
Going....
Gone!
She went off to college. After successfully living at home for 2 years, her schedule at the university dictated that she live nearby. She got a sweet deal on an apartment with a job attached.

There she goes.

Another milestone.

I'm not sad.

I am thrilled because she found something that she is passionate about.

Besides, she will most likely be home next weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment