Thursday, October 18, 2012

Joy, Joy, Joy

 This is when you know...
it's meant to be!
We enjoyed another fair! The balloon guy didn't want to give her one because he thought she was under three. Mama Bear made sure she got her balloon!

There has been way too much of this! Several times, her veins blew out resulting in more than one stick.
One very brave girl!
I usually bring one big kid with me to all the doctor's appointments. It has given them time to feel special and get to know Joy better. Nothing like a few hours in the car to get a sense of someone's personality!
If Joy, doesn't know where I am, a sad face appears. I haven't been to the bathroom by myself in five weeks as she keeps good track of my comings and goings.
An upper respiratory infection meant that Joy met the nebulizer. Interestingly, she took to it like a fish to water! We are pretty sure she has had nebs before so another piece of the puzzle is put into place. We will keep a close eye on her to determine if she has asthma, or maybe colds affect her more severely because of her decreased lung function? It's a mystery.
Speaking of fish, here is her own fish face. Joy will try anything and that goes a long way when every single thing in your life is new.
She laughs a lot and flashes her smile even more. She lights up a room!
Oh, the peer pressure around here...
Joy is settling in magnificently. I cannot believe it has only been a month home from China. On the days when I am feeling discouraged (and there ARE those), I have to remind myself that it's not a race but a journey. I stand in awe of how well Joy has integrated into our family life, how well the kids have all accepted her as their own, how family and special friends have enveloped her with love.
Joshua has become a wonderful big brother to his new sister. He has accompanied Joy to most of her medical appointments doing a great job of introducing her to all of his doctors. I couldn't resist taking a picture of the two of them power napping in the back seat. I had to hold the camera up (ahem, yes, while I was driving) and hope for the best. As soon as we stop, they instantly wake up. 

I look back at them and feel grateful beyond what I ever imagined.

Must be pure Joy!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful update. She is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like she is doing so well!!

    I love your photos!!
    We also bring a big with the littles! Bonding and it's fun and they are helpful- especially when your little gets stuck with the needle multiple times ;-(

    Love the updates!!

    ReplyDelete