Monday, January 21, 2013

Playroom Prep

Post surgeries, adoptions, and holidays, Bob, with some help and motivation from our good friend Dave, got in gear and finished our playroom project in the basement. My husband is a hard worker for which I am very thankful. 

But what I am even MORE thankful for is his ability to let all the helpers actually help. He is a bigger man than me as my perfectionism gets in the way of letting the kids have at it. To the point, that I did not even go downstairs during any of this. I sent the camera down with Erika so I could check in via technology. I'm a wimp, I admit it.
 We have a collection of paint shirts that helped a little. 
Joshua is quite a working man.
Last week, I sent the girls with Bob to pick out paint. I said I didn't care what colors they picked and I meant it, pretty much. Apparently, Bob didn't care either because he came home with these and said that is what the girls picked and he was just doing what I said to do. I am still wondering if this is payback for my blase attitude. At least it wasn't black and purple. It's going to be fine.
Biggers went high.
 There was a central dipping station.
 Youngers went low, real low.
 Some got edges.
  Others filled in.
 I'm certain that he helped somehow.
Every picture of Micah painting shows him using a brother for support.
 I thought that was so cute!
 Pre-paint coverage, we had some Chinese going on.
 'Cause that is part of who we are.
 My own little melting pot!
Most of the crew hard at work evidenced by the splatter.
A sneak peak! 

There is carpet, lights, a craft table, train table, and room for the doll house. 

Kid heaven. 

Now that the excitement is over with only a little paint left under the fingernails, I will go down and take some pictures myself! Better get my laundry area organized.....

5 comments:

  1. those colors are no worse then the colors in the club 56 room at church. the first time I saw those after they painted I was quite stupified about why those two colors went together.

    I think those two colors bring out some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uffda! I am with you.....that is why at this moment Jason has 6 kids with him making cookies.....I would be curled up in a corner or would have sent them all to bed within 60 seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those colours together! Brilliant! I'm sure they all had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so very fun. Love that the kids had total control of their play space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to your hubby! I'm with you on the perfectionism part and would probably spend way too much time trying to get things "right." From the pictures it looks like he got it right. Love all those helpers. :)

    ReplyDelete