Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Littered

In the span of seven days......

1) 10 out of the 11 people in our family threw up (mostly within a 72 hour period). Let's just say we will not be having guacamole, chicken noodle soup, or red lasagne anytime soon.

2) We received a new baby into our home for however long she needs us.

3) Check engine lights are on in 2 of 4 cars.

4) I littered.

Here is the proof exactly two weeks later. We found the spot and the evidence was still there. See for yourself.





We were on our way home from bowling. Cora said she didn't feel very well. I said okay, come sit in the front seat. Here is a grocery bag. Oh shoot, it has a hole in it. Well, let me tie it up so at least we have something. Oh dear, there she goes. Most of it goes in the bag. I pull the van over and shove her head out the door. Most of it gets outside..... I throw the bag into the snowbank. I use baby wipes to clean Cora up. I throw the baby wipes into the snowbank. I silently ask for forgiveness and speed away, leaving the unsightly mess in the snowbank. I could not possibly take the chance of upsetting the constitutions of the other 5 passengers in the already queasy car.

So two weeks later, we scanned the side of the road for the evidence. Shoot, we found it. I rolled down the window to take a picture and they all groaned and said it smelled like puke. That's imagination for you. Two weeks and 5 inches of rain later along with a windstorm that knocked out power to 300,000 people. But they could still smell the smell. I think we did not need to relive that.

And then......I drove away again.

No comments:

Post a Comment