Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Flying Solo With Seven
Daylight savings time. Me, home alone with 7 kids, 12 and under. I need to be productive today. I have to brag on these good days because then I can look back and remember during the more frequent not-so-good days. This is what time I got around to breakfast on Monday. Home school rocks after the time change weekend. I could not imagine getting everyone up and out of the house. I love my life.
Waiting for breakfast. We are still in our jammies.
I decided to go all out. French toast with blueberries, bananas and.....
even a dollop of cool whip. I buy cool whip twice a year so this was meant to be.
He is happy.
He is still tired.
She is happy.
I am happy that she is happy. This was the first day that she decided it was okay to sit in the bouncy seat. Don't mind that it is sitting on the table. Everyone in the room remain seated during this dangerous act. Thus, this is how I was able to make breakfast.
We then progressed to schoolwork. Rosy is sleeping in the swing and the boys are playing with Potato Head and Connect Four at the table while everyone is doing math. Sometimes these magic moments are more than I can bear.
After the games at the table got old, Micah was set up on his reading chair.
I am very thankful that he loves books.
Such a smarty.
A GREAT DAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
looks like a wilkinson morning :) minus the baby :( anyway... Solenne and I just oooh-ed and awww-ed. love it :)
ReplyDeleteI don't know what kind of magic you have (is it in the water? do you have a fairy dust of some sort?) but I am always, always amazed. When I am tired and feel like hiding away for the day, I used to say, "Phoebe, you're no Cal Ripkin." Now I say, "I am no Jen Peterson!" Is there some kind of online course I can take??
ReplyDeleteLove it! Wish my house was that organized and I only have 3...
ReplyDeleteApparently, I need to start blogging about "REAL LIFE."
ReplyDelete