Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fourth of July

We started the day in church worshiping. Lindsey was up at her job because she was getting the horses ready to be in the parade in another town. She drives the wagon with two large draft horses. After church we headed to a friend's house in our town who lives right on the parade route. Most houses put American flags in front of their houses. The kids couldn't resist a little patriotism.




We got to see things like this:
Watching the parade go by. I like it when he wears his hat backwards. It's hunky.
Hunk-in-training?
After the parade we went home for naps then went over to camp to see Bob's mother and attend the a chicken BBQ dinner with a brass band quartet concert afterward. The night is topped off with an ice cream social. We love sharing this tradition with Farmor (father's mother in Swedish).

It's hot. Curly hair gives it away.
This boy melts my soul.
This boys stirs up my soul. His heart is big as the outdoors.
She smiled! There is almost a sparkle in those eyes.
All of the sudden, there was a lull and everyone was feeling happy so I was the entertainment jumping around like a maniac and I "requested" that Lindsey get behind the camera. After all, hands down she has a better chance of getting a good picture than me. All of the pictures of the three littles were taken by Lindsey Peterson.
Favorite!
More brotherly love...
What would you do if you were her?
Take them both out of course!!! Wap!

Lindsey moved from photographer to baby thrower. It was starting to get dark but you can almost hear the giggles.
Some babies just can't get enough.
The eyes. I can't get over the eyes.
Erika has become camera shy of late. I snuck this one in. Her favorite attire these days is mixing pink and red. It works for her because she is so gorgeous.
Mom, do you want to see me do a bridge?
Grr, I'm a monster.
This boy is at the end of one and nearing two in a few weeks. He is precious.


I love these over the shoulder pictures. I have them for most of our babies.
We did not make the fireworks this year with so many little ones. We were planning on heading off to the beach the next day so home we went. There is always next year.

PS Cora and Lindsey were there just not in front of the camera. Cora doesn't stand still long enough and Lindsey, well, she is a photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment