Sunday, July 24, 2011

Friends Forever?

Something I did not expect were the friendships and support I would find from fellow adoptive families. I have been amazed at the willingness of others to answer my questions, no matter how dumb, or have incredible patience when I asked the same question more than once. You know who you are.

I don't why this surprised me. I have appreciated the blog world immensely for providing insight into other families that look a bit like mine in one way or another. It helps to not feel alone because in the words of Sonia, "Adoption is not for wimps."

Thanks to a Yahoo group for the particular orphanage that Joshua is in, I already knew who these kids were in the picture that Andrea sent when she delivered our package. I have virtually met the adoptive moms and their families through their blogs.

All 3 of these precious children have life threatening heart disease. None of us knows what the future holds, only that these babes need their families AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Joshua, Joshua, and Elisyn
Elisyn will meet her new family in a few short weeks. Hopefully, our Joshua will be in our arms by the beginning of September and Sonia's Joshua will become an American soon after if all goes well.

Did you know that these two boys are best friends?

Jean
not only continues to adopt from China (her family is amazing) but advocates for many older special needs children. She had both boys highlighted on the side of her blog where their families found them.

They will both be named Joshua and we hope to maintain a connection after we are all stateside.

How cool is that?
Peace little ones.

Each night I pray that your hearts will be healed both emotionally and physically as we prepare to bring you home where you belong.

2 comments:

  1. It IS pretty cool. I've met three other parents of children from Eva's orphanage and received photos of her from all three while waiting. Her best friend is in Idaho, and we hope to get together next summer.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sniff-sob-cry-cry...gracious that picture of the three of them chokes me up everytime I look at it. Are you all traveling? What's your plan? Do tell! Do tell!

    ReplyDelete