Thursday, January 17, 2013

Apple, You Were Very Good To Me!

Hello!

Here I am. Back in cyber life. Lots to tell. Like surgery postponed, the basement playroom reveal, and a surprise trip just for me. Stay tuned. 

I was gone because MAC was attacked.

Oh yes!

The laptop that was most likely born in China, sent to the US, bought, used, and given back to Apple,  eventually refurbished and sold to little old me, yes that very one.

The same little old portable computer that made another round trip to China. Such a well traveled fellow.

Seems that his ultimate demise was destined to be at the kitchen table.

Because I like coffee.

And it spilled.

MAC died.

Instantly.

Aargh!

The nice boy on the phone agreed to validate my Apple*Care contract even though I was nine months past due on registering. So nice, that boy.

But alas! Apple*Care does not cover liquid damage.

This was relayed to me by the children at the Apple*Store. They are such good kids. Busy, very busy. 

So the silly old computer got sent out to the shop of somewhere?
And I prepared to pay. A lot. More than I had. 'Cause after all, it's not tax time yet!

And the truck needs brakes, my kid landed in Boston, and well, nine kids keep wanting to eat. 

Real life.

This week, after a very disappointing Monday, I declared Tuesday to be a day of MANDATORY FUN! We loaded up the van and set off determined to find some joy-filled adventure.

Our first stop was the Apple*Store to pick up my newly repaired MAC. 

Out it came, all polished up, and in practically perfect working order. It made my heart beat faster to see it again. 
The nice young man (boy) pulled out his iphone and began the exit process. Press this if you agree, press that to accept the charges, sign with the tip of your finger....blah, blah, blah. Get your credit card ready. 

Hmph!  Hold on, let me try that again. Huh! And again. That's funny. Usually, when I get that screen, it still asks for payment. Seems that Apple is taking care of this for you. That happens every once in awhile.

Tears begin to well. 

I gather my seven children up and walk out of the store with a grateful heart.

I might not even give up coffee like I had vowed post MAC attack. 

Though I probably should. 

7 comments:

  1. Love everything about this post! Especially the photos. Do you always dress them in matching shirts for outings? Wouldn't be a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! Hurray for a working MAC, especially one at no cost. It's the little things:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo glad you're back!! And by the way...computers don't like root beer either - just sayin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love this. When it all gets too much the mercies and surprises flow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful that Apple took care of everything. Great, great post!

    ReplyDelete