Monday, September 6, 2010

What to Blog About?

Okay, so far my blogging has amounted to an online scrapbook for which my family members and friends are probably quite grateful. I have been spending a lot of time (way too much time) following other blogs because I found an online community of families that were a lot like mine. This was a miraculous discovery to me. It is so easy to feel alone when you step out of the culture and choose to be a non-traditional family. Of course, we don't feel different. I find it quite humorous that if you had asked me 20 years ago what my life would be like, I would not have even come close.

Let's see if I can remember.

20 years ago I thought I would:

- Be a working mother and computer professional.
- Have perfect kids in SCHOOL.
- Have two kids. (Capital period)
- Never be without a dog.
- Live in a 3 bedroom cape happily ever after.
- Go to Sweden, Alaska, and Hawaii. (One down, two to go)
- Always drive a Honda, NOT a minivan.
- Stay married forever.

Amazing how God changed my thinking. I am glad I was open to His call.

Now, I am:

- A stay at home mother.
- Raising imperfect children, most of whom school at home.
- Without a dog.
- Living in a ranch.
- Known to send my family members to Africa or other third world countries.
- Driving a vehicle with twelve seatbelts.
- Still married to the same man and always will be!

I wouldn't change anything. The hard places, the deserts, they were all worth it. Obedience to the Holy Spirit is a daily battle for me. As I grow in my faith, I am challenged to be a better listener, to my kids, to my husband, to Him who leads me. Some days are easier than others.

I am wondering what to write about. Should I espouse my thoughts on adoption? Raising a large family? Home schooling? Become vulnerable in tough times? Maybe I will stick to what comes to mind as the Spirit leads.

Wondering....

No comments:

Post a Comment