Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Whose Problem Is It?

The elbow.

It has mystified me for over four and a half years.

Three meals a day times 365 days a year times four years.

That's how many times I have "asked" to have this elbow taken off the table.

Or so it seems.

Asked. Requested. Wheedled. Begged. Pushed. Other not so proud moments.

Is it developmental delay? RAD? Defiance? OCD?

Does it need to be labeled?

The still small voice has convicted me lately about whose problem this really is.

I've done what I can do. The seeds have been planted and watered.

I need to grow up and let it go.

I'm not going to win in the short term.

God's not interested in the short term.

Here
is a post from Uganda that helped me to get a grip.

And here is another post from Uganda that wrestled me to the ground.

Still learning. I hope I never stop.

I'll let you know what happens to the elbow, someday...

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet. I am humbled. And I love your post :-)

    Blessings from the North,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete