Sunday, December 26, 2010

Introducing

TREY BENJAMIN PETERSON
Adopted December 22, 2010
Lots of friends and family joined us at the court house. I don't think many people usually show up for adoptions as we kind of overwhelmed the court house staff, generally getting in the way and being jovial. Not too many people smile at the court house...

We invited Trey's (and Micah's and R's) birthmom to the adoption. I guess you can call this an open adoption although nothing is official. It seemed like the right thing to do. I wanted her to see how loved all of her children are, to meet our friends who have held, adored, and nurtured her children while supporting our family.

Lots of smiles!
She came early to the house to help get everyone ready.
SO GRATEFUL!
Thank you Lia.

Trey couldn't get adopted without one of his best friends!
Our number one supporter and official baby holder.
His arms are always ready!!!
Thanks, Dave.

The men hanging out waiting.
We were scheduled for 9:30 but court was backed up.
Several people couldn't get there until 10:00,
and they made it just in time.
R was very accommodating and let everyone hold her.
Antics on the stairs.
Trey went up to get his present from the judge.
After I cried.
It has been a long journey.
I LOVE the clock showing the time.

My brother and nephew joined the family picture.
I was so grateful that they came.
Thanks, Marc and Carlson.

Here are most of the wonderful people who
drove an hour to see me cry.

Everyone who was supposed to be here, was!
God was in the details.

I wanted a picture with
the social worker and the Guardian-Ad-Litem.
He wasn't having it for a good reason.
Long story, but I hope someday he will understand
that they were truly on his side all along.

After each adoption we have relocated to
a local restaurant to celebrate over breakfast.
This was our fourth post-adoption party.
The staff recognize us now!

Strafford Farms Restaurant
The boys hunkered down in their own corner.
While we waited for food, there was drawing..
and eating butter...
and ordering of things one might not
get if they were sitting next to Mom...
and what you find when other people have the camera.
Girlfriends.
After the big celebration, we headed home.
Micah was beat.

The baby was out like a light.And then there was the energizer bunny...Once we got home, we tried to stage a few photos.
No one was in the mood.
Our eighth child and new son.
We love you, Trey Benjamin Peterson.

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Trey and the rest of the Peterson family! You guys are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad the "several" people made it just in time ;) Trey is a blessing to many and has been blessed with one of the most wonderful families i know :)

    ReplyDelete