The whole family. We had a 15 minute window when we were all in the same house. Since Lindsey was in Africa and then the boys had youth retreats, it has been tough finding a time when we were all together. But we did it. It is REALLY hard to get 10 people to all smile and take a decent picture. Interestingly enough, this one came out the best and the camera was set on a timer.Sorry for my lack of blogging.
The baby left and we are all trying to adjust. It's a grey rain cloud that blows through every now and then. We have been looking at pictures and adjusting the lumps in our throats. She is doing fine and I have talked to her on the phone.
International adoption is NOT for the faint of heart.
I have been up to 11:00 pm or later every night slogging away on all the paperwork.
We are taking a 10 hour course.
The social worker comes next Monday to interview us for our homestudy.
I keep checking off the list. I am learning to pace myself.
I sent in my passport renewal even though it is fine until 2012, it has to have at least 18 months until renewal. I will be all set for quite a few years - check.
Criminal background checks for our state - check.
Waiting for paperwork for background checks for other states we lived in.
Passport photos - 8 of them. She gave me a break at the drugstore - check.
Birth certificates ordered - check.
Bob goes to work with a list every day of phone calls or faxes. He is so patient.
We are hoping to expedite this process. Lots to do, then a hurry up and wait period.
Here are the mug shots we had to send for our pre-approval paperwork.
I still have so many stories to tell you about the many miracles that have happened. Quite astonishing. If nothing else, my faith has been daily strengthened by God's goodness.
Here is an example: Do you see the picture in the background of this shot of Bob? Yes, a panda bear from China.
It just keeps happening, ALL THINGS CHINA is my new motto.
The red thread is here to stay.


Praying - it is hard letting go.....
ReplyDeletePraying for that paperwork- that is hard stuff!!! But a great result :)
It is a lot of paperwork but oh so worth it!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see this sweet boy with your family!!