Saturday, May 26, 2012

Monday Monday

A snapshot of last Monday.

I don't imagine there IS such a thing as a typical day around here.

Got up and made granola.
 Drank my first ever kale smoothie. Went down easy.
Helped my daughter with her first independent act - we/she bought a car.

Taught Preschool through 8th grade math - yes, everything in between.

Counseled a crying single mom on the phone.

Made butternut squash apple soup/tahini green beans/oatmeal muffins for lunch.

According to my disgusted son, I've gone crunchy.

Cleaned my bathroom for the second time in a month. Woohoo!

Did loads of laundry (don't bother counting anymore).

Checked my e-mail, too many times. Oh, most likely FB too. However my scrabble buddy was out of town....

Texted a friend.

Took little boys to their last swim lesson.

Left after dinner and went grocery shopping at 7:30. My husband and daughter dropped me off and went to get her stuff out of her college abode and picked me up on the way home.

9:30pm - Put groceries away. 

Read my book for Book Club.
Darn, I didn't get my nap in today. 

I think I took a shower because I don't usually go out of the house without one.

In between were hugs and stories and probably tears in there somewhere. 

Maybe theirs, maybe mine.

8 comments:

  1. Ah! The green drink bandwagon. Welcome aboard. :-)

    I first read that your son said you've gone grouchy...ha ha. I'm glad it's just crunchy.
    There's something satisfying about feeding your family very healthily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need some help in the "crunchy" category. Are you game?

      Delete
  2. Is it a good book? I actually have time to read right now, and am looking for some new authors to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Book Club has been interesting because it has been a long time since I've read something because I had to and not because I wanted to. This book is very good because I love WWII history. I was enamored with Anne Frank and all those kinds of stories when I was younger. The Invisible Bridge (I'm halfway through) brings to light how much antisemitism was building prior to the outbreak of the war. OR maybe I am more sensitive to racism now. Actually it's just a love story, aren't they all?

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean---I tend to read the same type of books all the time. Maybe a book club would help broaden my interests a little bit. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Jennifer~ You sound like one busy lady! Are all those your children on the top of your blog? I just found you, and glad I did~! I am a grandmother, but I'm telling you, I keep plenty busy with my daughters and their 6 children! LOVE it~ Congrats to your daughter and her new car! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy:
      Yes, they are all mine. I am one blessed woman. Thanks for the comment. I hope to be a grandmother one day. I might be in exponential trouble....What's your current count?

      Delete
  4. My favorite part - I cleaned my bathroom for the second time in a month. I love it!

    ReplyDelete