Until today. August 21. His very own birthday.
On this day, one year ago in 2011, we were headed to China to meet our son.
Is this a happy face or what? Sheer joy. He was so excited.
His chose his birthday dinner: rice, chicken teriyaki, and broccoli.
Presents and cards were a hit. I'm pretty sure he felt special.
Joshua wanted white cake and strawberry frosting. When we went to the store (everyone gets a store date with Mom for their own birthday supplies) we decided to get creative and make an angel food cake.Now the thing is, when you are in a large family, there are no leftovers. So you have to make leftovers. We bought an extra cake mix and the kids went crazy on a second angel food cake made in loaf pans.
A very special day for the littlest, bravest, cutest, bestest nine year old I know.
Highlights included a party with grandparents and Dave, a visit from the donut lady, a call from Andrew, talking to big sister, and skyping with his Chinese friends in other parts of the country.
Happy birthday, Joshua. I am grateful beyond words for this past year of your life.
You are a blessing to all who know you!

A blessing indeed! I haven't met him in person yet but that sweet kiddo will always have a special place in my heart! Happy, HAPPY Birthday to you sweet boy!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Joshua!
ReplyDeleteHi Joshua
ReplyDeleteMy name is Jenna,
Happy Birthday Brave Boy! I am so happy you had a great and special birthday for celebrating your first one with your family who loves you, and your 1st one in America. You are a handsome prince. You are a special miracle from god, a gift from above, an earthly angel, and a smilen hero.
I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have 14 other medical conditions, and developmental delays.
I wrote this poem
Each of us are Special
Each of us different,
No one is the same
Each of are us are unique in our own way,
Those of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.
It doesen't matter what other's say
we are special anyway.
What is forty feet and sings? the school chior
http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com
What a wonderful day for him. So glad he was showered with so much love. It was worth the wait, I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Joshua! You are indeed a special boy. And you have almost the same Birthday as I do.
ReplyDeleteBirthday Blessings a little late. What a special cake too !
ReplyDelete