When you hear from China, you usually wake up to something special in your inbox.
Back in March, we received the referral with an early photo of Joy.
With the referral were pictures that I estimate were taken possibly summer 2011, at age 4, or maybe even a bit earlier.In May 2012 we requested an update and got this picture of a little girl who just might be wondering what in the world all this fuss is about? This picture concerned me as I didn't think she looked as good as the previous pictures.
Here is our little spitfire just last week. I recently realized that this girl better have some spunk in order to find her place in the boy crowd around here.
The best thing that could happen would be if she was a bossy little thing. Can you imagine her berating the little boys.....in Cantonese? I laugh-out-loud at the thought of it.
Sonia, mother of SEVEN boys, sweetly suggested that I get her an Army Barbie and call it good. If I wasn't so anti-Barbie.....oh never mind.
She's waiting.
And so are we.
I gently ask you to pray for Travel Approval to come in the morning....soon. We have a window where all the plans for the eight kids at home would fall into place beautifully. And if not, we'll take God's perfect plan anyhow and make it work.
Because that's how we roll.



She's beautiful! Can't wait for her to come home. :)
ReplyDeleteShe looks great!! And I do sense a bit of sass in those eyes so I think she will tell it like it is! That beautiful girl is Peterson through and through! Praying for you today my friend! Do you need a nanny to come on the trip with you? I just may be available..... :)
ReplyDeleteI like how you roll!
ReplyDelete