Thursday, September 6, 2012

Labor Pains

As I was running around doing a little bit of this and a little bit of that today, I realized that one of these last three nights at home was probably going to be a long one. 

Then a foggy memory began to form in my mind. Last year, I'm thinking we never went to bed the night before our China trip. 

Labor is funny like that. You tend to block it ALL out. Otherwise we might never do it again?

Last year was definitely a blur. And boy was I messed up. I went to update some paperwork for the folks while we are gone. I found the file in Joshua's folder (I'm so organized) and was pretty proud of myself. 

Oh my! The doctor's number? I had put my own phone number. The orthodontist number looked like this XXX-XXX-74004. Is that helpful? Lucky for me no one got sick or sprung a wire. Although in the age of google, they would have figured it out.

Let's just say that when adding Joshua's doctors, I cut and pasted the phone numbers AND addresses right from websites. 

Yesterday we went and did the massive hit-every-box-store shopping to get through the next 2-3 weeks.  
We had the bright idea of saving gas and taking the small car resulting in a bit of overflow. Shopping included lots of food, papergoods, shin guards for field hockey, a frying pan, printer ink, sneakers, shoes, and underwear. You name it, we got it.
Oh yes, that IS sugar cereal, a consolation prize for those left behind. The backseat-ers were VERY good sports!

1 comment:

  1. May you have a safe trip! And hope the adjustments go smoothly...!

    ReplyDelete