We were told to wait outside the playroom and they would bring her to us.
She was very interested in what else was going on in the room.
It was noisy and other children were crying.
Time freezes in these moments.
We just looked at each other wondering what to do next.
The assistant director who brought her pulled out the
photo album we had sent to explain who we were.
I was ready with my list of questions.
I had a hard time thinking of things to ask.
We kept our expectations low which was hard because of course we are comparing this experience to meeting Joshua last year. But we have been richly blessed again with another seemingly easy going and happy child. Joy looked like she was in shock and there were a few moments when we wondered how connected she was. She reminds me a lot of Micah who always seemed like he was spacing out when in fact he was taking everything in and processing all that stimulation in his own way.
Goodness, what a brave girl. She had a five hour car ride this morning from her orphanage. Her world completely turned upside down and backwards when she left all the life she ever knew. Which seems like it was pretty limited.
Our physical worlds have joined together. We pray that our hearts will bind together as we fall in love.










Sweet,sweet, sweet !!!! Prayers for you all in China as well as for your family at home. Sandra - mommy to Macy from Hangzhou
ReplyDeleteOh, she is beautiful and brave. Praying for you as you become a family.
ReplyDeleteYAY! I love these pictures! I can't believe you are on my side of the world. Wish I could come down and hug you guys. Praying for you these next few days. Enjoy some good Chinese food :)
ReplyDelete