In church today, our Pastor talked about turning the bad into good.
One statement struck me intensely.
"God didn't cause it, He sure didn't make it happen, but He used it."
As I grieve the last few weeks on the hard road, I continue to fight the desire to plead for answers, the ones that might never come.
Fully Functioning hearts.
Complete healing.
That God would bind up the broken-hearted in this world.
Sometimes God gives us what we need and not what we want.
'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You're near
And what if trials of this life are
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You're near
And what if trials of this life are
Your mercies in disguise.
May God give me the faith to believe.
This song has become 'our' family song. We have cried tears while my daughters and a friend sang this song~my son accompanied them on the piano~
ReplyDeleteGod brought that song to them at just the right time when they needed to know...God cares!
~I am praying~
Just spent an emotional hour getting caught up on all your blogs, dear sister. Mystery, pain, JOY... gratitude in the chaos. We are loved, we love... we wait, we hope, we pray, we struggle. We trust.
ReplyDeleteLOVE you, LOVE your family, and was so privileged to have moments to share with Jerrod (at your home that fateful night of "cracker eating")about his new direction and courageous decision. Having a son making the same decision years ago, now on the other end (out of the Corps) made for great connection and conversation. Hugs and many reflections about the "mercies in disguise" this year. XOXOXO
Powerful thoughts. Beautiful song!
ReplyDeleteIt is true, but not easy. Praying for healing and answers, but if they don't come still praising and giving thanks!
ReplyDeleteYES! The OTHER song on my mind. . .
ReplyDeleteWas thinking of your little ones in wrestling along with the Huntingt*n's diagnosis.
We won't get all the answers here. BUT someday we can sit and have a conversation with Jesus.
This morning when you walked up the stairs and told me how she is always happy I was about to reply that at least her name fits and that she has plenty of Joy to spread to everyone that she touches. I know I smile every time I see everyone but i smile more intensely when I see her.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had the perfect words to say, but I don't. Praying that you will be filled with an intense peace.
ReplyDeletePraying for you as the loving Momma to these sweet blessings. Praying for them- for healing.
ReplyDeleteI don't have any words that will help. But please know that my heart is hurting with and for your family. I've added Joy and Joshua to my prayer list.
ReplyDelete