Sunday, November 4, 2012

Too Soon and Too Long - The Meeting

 
I wish you could have been a fly on the wall watching these two check each other out when they met for the first time. I knew when we made arrangements to have our Rosy girl for the weekend that it was too soon for Joy, not wanting to disrupt her bonding and attachment. On the other hand, it was too long for Rosy. Since she left our home in March 2011, she has spent a long weekend with us every month and sometimes more often. This was the longest we had every gone without seeing her, about five weeks. She was asking to come and worried.
  
 This girl ups the energy level in our house about five-fold. No joke!
 She can squat with the best of them.
 A fierce-some four running down the driveway.
Trey has taken on the "bigger" brother role quite seriously. He willingly carries the oxygen and goes where Joy goes. That kid is awesome. Doesn't this picture speak volumes?
My allegiances were clearly divided. I try very hard to give as much attention, love, and structure to Rosy when she is here as her life is usually a little crazy and particularly complicated right now.  Both girls knew I wasn't giving them 100%. We marched onward and did the best we could.
 29 pounds comes in all shapes and sizes. 
Rosy is three and Joy is six! 
Both my precious peanuts.
 
By the end of the weekend, friendships were forming. We came home from church during Sunday school and the little girls had some bonding time. I think they decided to be friends!

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are perfect! They tell the whole story.

    There are many feelings going on and it looks like they are working thru them!

    ReplyDelete