Today, we went to Boston to begin our celebration of the Chinese New Year.
We began at the Children's Museum where we were treated to an
interactive dance workshop. That big fellow in the back? That is my
brother. He is the one that got the kids to go up and try the scarf
dance with the age old trick, "If I go, will you go?" What a great guy!
Smallest to largest.
I love how their legs seem to get longer and longer.
They really are pretty much all the same size.
In case you were wondering, my children are not 100% compliant.
It's definitely monkey-see monkey-do!
We had a great time at the Children's Museum once we figured out which adult was willing to chase which kid. There were Chinese New Year crafts and performances which the kids loved. As morning became afternoon, we decided to head over to Chinatown for a late lunch.
After my husband magnificently parallel parked Big Red on the street,
we walked down a block in the swirling snow.
Chinatown, here we come, ready or not!
Phone booths may soon be obsolete.
I loved this one with the Chinese writing.
Uncle Marc found a restaurant for us. The very best kind. This IS the restaurant with only one other booth that you can't see. We were the only eat-in patrons and got personal service from the host, who spoke very little English which was fine by us.
Waiting for the food. Each dish came out individually. I think they were making our plates one at a time as everything was piping hot and delicious.
We would eat here again!
Uncle Marc is an adventurer and ordered jellyfish.
Just about everyone tried some and thought it was quite tasty.
Interestingly, I looked down at lunch and saw a bare leg. Joy hasn't done this since we were in China. Pulling her pant legs up is a sign of nervousness for her. She still doesn't understand a large percentage of what we say and has to trust that we will keep her safe. Today was probably a bit overwhelming. I can't wait until she can communicate a bit more and we can prepare her a lot better.
After lunch, we walked through an Asian supermarket.
Underneath these fish were live fish swimming in tanks.
Underneath these fish were live fish swimming in tanks.
Take your pick, dead or alive!
Joshua was in heaven! He was so excited.
Although he did tell me that I was NOT to make him speak Mandarin to anyone.
He ran all over the store saying, "I've had this. In China we ate that."
A few interesting items got into our cart like melon seeds and jelly cups.
Everyone should try a pig snout at least once, right?



ooo jelly cups if they are what i am thinking about I was introduced to them while at ENC, all the kids at the day care ate them, they were good, the real fruit gummies are also good but someone told me those were actually japanese.
ReplyDelete