Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Long and Short of Twenty Two Years

Being born on Thanksgiving (in 1989) has its advantages and disadvantages depending on how you look at it. Your birthday is always around a holiday and you usually get multiple celebrations.

Twenty two years ago we were blessed to welcome Lindsey into the world in a birth center (not a hospital). After she arrived a little after midnight, they checked her out and said good night. We put her between us and I don't remember whether we slept or not. I do remember that we forgot to put a diaper on her. We were brand new to the whole parenting thing, that's for sure. I never even held a baby until I had my own.

This year, multiple celebrations ensured with 22 presents and chocolate on chocolate. A girl after my own heart.
Twenty-two lights up a room.
A little help from her friend is always welcome.
This child of ours is special.
She never complains:

- Sharing a room with girls 10+ years younger.
- Helping out with the littles.
- Compassion for the lost.
- Listening to Mom.
- Oldest of nine.
- Shopping.
- Cooking.

Celebrating our first gift from God who has a heart for Him. 
What else could a mother ask for....

1 comment:

  1. It must be such a joy to see your baby grow up to be such a compassionate, considerate woman.

    ReplyDelete