Last week I panicked.
Some.
Not really.
Maybe a little.
Are we really adopting a sweet boy from China?
Whose idea was that?
Am I actually getting on an airplane with six kids by myself?
Oh my!
Am I leaving my oldest child to fend for herself?
Left behind.
The four youngest have never flown and it is apt to be an interesting week as we count down to our vacation, going where there is no snow. Some of us are bound to be a little wound up in anticipation of the big event.
I am emotionally preparing myself (praying hard) for calmness and good humor.
I am over it now.
Excited to spend a week with my six youngest exploring another part of the country. Watching my kids see and learn new things is incredibly fulfilling. I love it when the eyes get big and they experience things for the first time.
Adoption Prayers:
We have to meet certain criteria for USCIS to expedite our case. Fortunately, or unfortunately, we feel we can prove life threatening medical conditions. The doctor is writing us a letter which I hope will be be enough proof for immigration to bump up our process by close to a month. Every day counts. We are praying for favor.
China has changed the rules for post placement visits and reporting on the children that are adopted. While these are good changes for the children, doing so for those of us mid-process means more money than we had planned. God has provided so far. We trust in Him.
Somebody said, "Stay focused on the end result of the process."
We are.
I am excited for you and the great adventure ahead of you!!!!
ReplyDelete