Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Paperwork Field Trip

We needed to get to the state house for the adoption paperwork and back home by 1:00pm. I got 6 kids out of the house and on the road by 8:00....or so. In these moments, I wonder how I would EVER get everyone to school if that was what our life looked like.
No one was in a hurry and I followed various "angels" all the way down.
He is a great traveler. No trouble at all.
The big city.
We are not used to traffic lights.
The Bureau of Vital Statistics.
Austere.
We all trooped in for a notarized marriage certificate.
Most visited the bathroom while we waited.
Can you believe that it snowed on the way down? On April 4th?
Every adoption event/meeting we have had with a social worker
has been marked by a weather event.
Once we got the marriage certificate, we were off to the
State House for certification by the Secretary of State.
The kids were asked if they home schooled.
We all crowded into the office and made a bit of a stir.
Said package represents 2 months and countless hours of work.
I was glad that the kids were part of the paper chase.
It never hurts to check up on your own government.

1 comment:

  1. I recognize this lady on the left! Looks like it was a busy day all around.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete