Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Nesting

Today, my dear daughter kept me company and we painted the little boys' room.

I cut in and she rolled.

It will have a Noah's Ark theme.

As I was soothing Micah last night at 2:00am,

I formulated a plan to finish the room including paint, curtains, and pictures.
And so it begins, the nesting.

Nesting = getting ready for a new baby boy.

The realization that post-China we may not have time for much has hit hard.

There are a lot of unknowns: doctor appointments, potential surgeries, acclimation of a brand new family member.

Only one thing to do.

Make a list.

Things I want to do before I go to China:

Potty train my last child for the last time EVER.

Get new eye glasses (requiring an eye exam). That middle age thing again.

Paint the bathrooms.

Paint the living room.

Paint the little boys' room.

Paint the big boys' room.

Get a twin bed for Joshua.

Buy clothes for Joshua.

Spend time with the little boys.

Spend time with the girls.

Spend time with the big boys.

Spend time with the big girl.

Lose 10 pounds.

Get in shape by walking 6-10 miles per week.

Build another bedroom downstairs.

Grocery shop for 2 months of staples.

Make about 2 months of dinners and put in the freezer.

Meal plans for 2-3 weeks we are gone and 2 weeks after.

Arrange childcare for 2-3 weeks. Wowsa! Biggest hurdle right now.

Meet with the pediatric cardiologist to develop a plan.

Make doctor appointments for when we get home.

Make a plan for homeschooling next year.

To be continued.

2 comments:

  1. I got tired before I was halfway down the list :-)

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potty train your last child ever? I thought that 12 was your perfect number. :) Sorry, I couldn't resist picking on you about that. Best wishes with the list.

    ReplyDelete