Friday, July 6, 2012

Fourth of July - Part 1

Our Fourth of July began at camp where we attended a very special flag raising. Because the weather hadn't decided what it was going to do yet, we had the ceremony under the tent near the flagpole.
As we said the pledge of allegiance I instructed the boys to put their hands over their hearts. Naturally, Joshua put his left hand over his heart and like a dummy I corrected him. Of course, he did because his heart is on his right side. Some day I will get it right and let him be...
Bob and his mother had a moment during the prayer. The flag had been on my father-in-law's casket for his service in the navy.
A wonderful way to honor a good man.
After the ceremony we were primed and ready to march in our small town parade.

Don't forget to enter in my giveaway here and take a moment to say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment