Monday, July 2, 2012

Grieving The Leaving

While not my intent to invade anyone's privacy, it is no secret that Miss R has been with us for 3 out of the last 4 weeks. Our usual schedule has been one weekend a month giving us a chance to check in and support her family in lots of ways.
Unfortunately, this time the situation meant....a family in crisis.We all have them, the tough times. How we handle those bumps in the road, well that looks different for everyone.
As life on the other end got straightened out, the time came for Miss R to go back. 

Suddenly we found ourselves in familiar territory except this time without government agency support.

When it came time for her to go, the leaving felt oh-so familiar.
Emotionally, I checked out a few days before. I hate that about myself. We each preserve those inmost feelings our own way. I recognized the pattern from past experience when we reunified foster kids with their parents. It's super hard to say good bye even in the best circumstances. 

Micah refused to say good-bye to his sister. Broke my heart. 
New boundaries have been set.

The unknown future held in prayer.

I made mistakes and learned a lot.

And I would make them again

In a heartbeat.
 If you asked me.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I so understand the emotional distancing to protect your heart. Sometimes this road we walk seems so hard and so connected to others pain that it feels too much to bear. Bless you for being there for the little girl. She will remember that when she is older!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I knew you would understand. In fact, I almost contacted you over the weekend. It's been a tough time. Thanks for understanding, Rebecca.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry! I've walked down that road and each time thought I'd do better than previous times. I never have. Sending you a hug, because I understand how you feel. Oh, how I understand. Praying for you tonight!

    ReplyDelete