Day 2 - All About the Pictures
Day 2 brought out the grumpies in Bob and I. We quickly decided to either get out of dodge or go back to bed and succumb to exhaustion. We loaded up and drove east to the beach for the afternoon.
This post is all about the pictures, my one and only attempt at scrap booking. I'm certain I will shell out the big bucks to get "Blog Year 2011" put into book form. To be fair, I was happy to get my lunker of a camera back out (didn't go to China). The pictures you see are a mere representation of what I took.
Fostering and adoption has awarded us the opportunity to be there for the "firsts" with many kids. It is quite a privilege sharing these precious times in life. Today, we took Joshua to the ocean, presumably, for the first time.
Can you spell F.U.N.? Notice the shoes are still on.
Joshua was not too sure about the sand. He lived in a concrete world.
Cuteness + happiness = the T-man.
Sand - Yes. Water - No.
I love this picture of my Dad.
These landlocked folks enjoyed the beautiful day. 
Love it! Natural pedicure!
Bury me? Oh, I love my camera and I am still on automatic. Someday, I'll learn more.
The one and only brave and beautiful soul. Cora is artistic as she dances through the waves.
She got 100% wet. Yup, that's my girl who never zips her coat in the winter.
We brought a kite.
Another first? He did seem to know what to do.
Oh, the joy.
Must have turn. Turn with Daddy.


They humor me, they really do.
Sometimes, even I am glad I'm not them.
Somebody grabbed the camera. I was there.
Erika and Cora leave sand art all over the beach.
One cool dude!
Did I say cool? I meant super cool!
Enjoying the beach surrounded by the grandkids. Life is GOOD.
Peace washes over me at the ocean. I cannot explain.
Where Erika is, there shall the crowd be. She is a kid magnet.
Drip sand castle 101.
"Mom...., MOm......, MOM, come take a picture."
Going well until we had a moment. I believe it involved some throwing of sand in the wrong direction.
Un-happy!
Let's go with downright mad!
Meanwhile, Dad goes down.
And he missed the seaweed show. Our princess!
He tried, he really tried.
Words cannot express the amazing-ness of her.
There are stories here yet to be told.
Are you happy?
Yes. I believe the answer is yes.
Incredible my friend!! He looks like he is soaking up every minute of it! Hang in there, it took me 2 solid weeks to get over the jet lag completely....ugh.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE these pictures. I was glad to see a picture of you in there too. I know how rare they can be :) He looks like he fits PERFECTLY into your family!!
ReplyDelete