He cried.
I cried.
It was the first cry since we had met him.
So sad.
So healthy.
Somehow we survived the night and started a new day with WII. I was excited that he caught right on and could play something with the kids that didn't take too much physical energy.
Micah loves his new brother.
When he gets dressed, this is his go-to outfit. It is what the orphanage sent him in when we met him. I didn't let him wear it in China until the last day. I told him about the piano while we were in China and he shook his head no.Wowsa. The exhaustion hit me more and more as the days went by. I was surprised by this. What is even harder is that we have no indication of how Joshua is feeling physically with the time change. A wonderful friend set up meals (no small feat for a family of 10 or 11) for a few days and what a blessing that has been.
I am amazed how Joshua fits in to our family. I have always been adamant about adopting/fostering in birth order and I am glad that we changed our minds for Joshua.
He's a keeper!
Oh friend, that jet lag can be killer! Joshua looks great. I cannot imagine all the things going through his head. Will be praying as you transition.
ReplyDeleteHe sure is a keeper!! He looks like he fits in great!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the tears but they are so healthy. He needs to mourn the changes and then be free to enjoy his life!!
Saying prayers for your family!!
Jean