Thursday, September 15, 2011

Traveling With the Pack

When did my Senior son become a man? Hairy legs, low voice, broad shoulders, nice to talk to, fun to debate with, life happens.

Jerrod is playing soccer again this year. It takes a lot of inner strength to be on a team that is more about character building than winning if you know what I mean. I love watching my big kids finish the growth curve and come into their own both physically and emotionally.
He gets his foot on the ball from time to time.This is how our pack travels these days. Most parking lots are a walk from the soccer field. Joshua definitely can't walk too far and he is too big to carry. The little boys then clamor for their strollers which is fine because then each girl gets a stroller, Erik carries the chairs, and I pack mule everything else.See the little brown lump? Trey is down on the sideline watching the game at cleat-level.When the game gets boring, Cora finds critters to play with.
That girl could make a pet out of anything. Don't even mention the wounded chipmunk that bit her and was found in a box with an apple core and a bed all made up.Hello, Mr. Cricket. Meet Joshua. He is cautious but willing to try new things.
Fourteen year-olds are slightly bored at soccer games and take odd pictures of themselves.
The little guys buddied up to a boy with a brilliant mother who brought a backpack of matchbox cars and such things that boys love. He was perfectly happy to share in exchange for 3 playmates.I am not sure I take enough pictures of my beautiful Kloey.
Lindsey found these on the clearance rack a while back. She had to have these, being a farmer and all. I don't think she means it. I'm pretty sure she doesn't. Yeah, I'm positive.
We were at an away game. Gulp, here is the character building part.
I told Jerrod I would try to come to as many of his games as possible this year since he is a Senior. I caught a smile that he tried to hide, secretly pleased.

We make a splash on the sideline, a rainbow of seven kids in constant motion and a grey haired mama. Who wouldn't want their very own cheering section?

I hope you're laughing now.

You would be if you remotely remember being "seventeen."

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I remember being 17 quite well. I would do almost anything to not have attention drawn to myself, but I secretly loved the attention. You are such an awesome mom!! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete