Thursday, January 5, 2012

Best Advice - Joshua Update

Best advice this fall, from my mother:

There will always be something. 

When Joshua got home, we were flying by the seat of our pants.

Lots of appointments, doctors, surgeries, hospitals, shots, dentists...

I hung on for the ride simply waiting to get to where we could claim "stabilized."
And then in December we got there.

For a whole month.

Not one single doctor's appointment.

Major issues addressed.

Medication balanced out.

Energy level up.

English comprehension very good.

Adjustment going wonderfully.
Put your seat belt on.

Sooner or later with a medically fragile kid, 

there will always be something.

I took December off in my mind as well. I let it all go: the worry, the future, the unknown past, for a whole month.

I didn't realize how much I needed that break until we went to a specialist this week.

Who had already called the cardiologist before she came in the room.

Liver numbers, not so concerning. 

"Did you realize that Joshua has not grown at all since September?" 

"Sigh."

"Yes, but I haven't been able to get anyone to help us with that."

Ok, back on the treadmill. 

Referral to yet another doctor to discern how his immune system is functioning.

We will do a food diary and consult with a dietician.

Do they make fat laden noodles?

More shots, tests, doctors.

We continue to gather the puzzle pieces together.

Helping Joshua have the best quality of life possible.
Because this precious child/orphan-no-more is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment