Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hello Winter! You're Back.

 If it's going to be cold, we might as well have snow. 
'Cause my kids were trying to make do.
 Yesterday, I ran around town in a long sleeved shirt and a vest.
 Winter made a comeback today.
 Complete with chapped cheeks and runny noses.
 About 4:00, the troops rallied for clean-up. 
This is one snazzy car mover.
 Erik owns the snow blower these days. 
We all (gratefully) let him.
 I believe he's been wearing that hat since about age 4. 
I love that he is a worker-bee.
 Grateful for the big kids home today.
 Their enthusiasm went a long way towards making my day better.
 Photo flops.
Erika gave a thumbs up.
What was I thinking? My artistic streak needs a revamp.
I thought this one was cool 
but the photographer said the flash was obvious.

At least I got outside for 10 minutes.

Welcome back winter.

White is much prettier than brown.

2 comments:

  1. Is that a dolla (sp) horse ? We have an Christmas ornament that was given to us by my in-laws just like it and I think they said that it represents a town in Minnesota where they once lived. Is that correct? Amy Weseloh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, it is a Dala horse which originated in Sweden. My mother-in-law was born in Sweden and came to the US as a young adult. You can find a whole explanation on Wikipedia (Dalecarlian horse)

      Delete