Sunday, January 8, 2012

I Gave Myself a Hobby

A hobby?

I haven't had a hobby since before child number......can't remember.

One of my short term goals (if I had any) would be to learn how to use my camera.

Better.

I jumped on the bandwagon and decided to give the Project 365 a try.

No promises. My follow through these days is poor at best.

I'm excited.

The excitement quickly faded on day 2 when I realized that taking a perfect picture every day was impossible.

I also don't have to worry about representation because over the course of 365 days, I imagine everyone and everything including the fruit bowl at 10:30 pm will get airtime.

The pictures I have chosen this week aren't necessarily the best pictures of the day but they tell the story as I remember it.

Day 1 through Day 7:
 Rosy Equals Love
1 / 365
We started off the new year having Miss Rosy for the weekend.
  Bob and Micah
2 / 365
Late afternoon at the pool.
  Roadside in Maine
3 / 365
Slightly offtrack in Maine we came across this sign, an ode to Lindsey that we turned around and went back for a picture. Karate, Dr in Portland, Children's Museum, BJ's, Buffet equals a grand day out.
Three Skin and Bones
4 / 365
Boys will be boys and I celebrate that in this season they don't mind looking alike. We call these "skin and bones."
Karate Kung Fu Style
5 / 365
My own karate kids. 
They have been taking lessons since October 2011.
Sledding Fun
6 / 365
It only takes a dusting for the kids to have fun. 
Not too cold in the high 20's today.
Clutter
7 / 365
How real life is. "Before" picture of today's project.

2 comments:

  1. Bless your heart for that last picture! I'm having a horrible no good very bad day, and somehow seeing someone else's clutter made me feel better! Thanks! Oh, and the pictures are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit. The Clutter picture was my favorite. I love honesty.

    ReplyDelete