Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Placenta Pants - A True Story

With Bob and the big boys gone to West Virginia on a mission trip, I was grateful that Lindsey was around this weekend (into between milking cow shifts) for some adult interaction. She provided quite a bit of entertainment and giggles with her stories. Here is one of them.

I believe I've arrived as a decent parent of an adult child when she tells me she got pulled over by the police, like the same day. 'Cause you KNOW parents always find out anyway, right?  
Turns out she did NOT complete the required sit-back stop at the end of the off ramp and got pulled over on a very PUBLIC road. Who pulled her over? (Well, could it be there was a little blonde-Honda racial profiling going on here? I wonder, but I'm just the mom.) As she rolled her car window down, a somewhat cute (that's all I could get out of her) very young police officer came strolling up to the driver's side of the car. 
THE Placenta Pants
Wish I could have been a fly in the car when he caught a whiff and a look-see and immediately took two steps back. What was so odious? The works pants covered with bits of placenta from the unpacking of a uterus along with some serious cow fecal material. Science 101 anybody? I'm thinking that young man got a bit more than he bargained for. He recovered enough to ask her where she was going (duh - to work at a dairy farm), gave her a warning, and proceeded to follow her five LONG miles to the border. 

By the way, he didn't have a wedding ring. She checked.

Thanks for the giggle and the story.
On Monday, big sister got home from work (after getting up at 4:00am) to find out her little bro was still sleeping. Guess even a toddler bed looked pretty good.
 Apparently dairy farmers sleep whenever and wherever they can.
 Okay, she was faking for the pictures.
 But he totally wasn't.

There you have it. 
More real life in these parts. 
I couldn't make this up if I tried.
Truly.

3 comments: