We have some serious personality here!
What a fashion statement!
Go-to outfit, glasses, watch, tie, hat, flashlight.
I admit my first few wouldn't have been allowed to go out like this.
I had no imagination back then!!!
Joshua, what have you done?
He has a few fun quirks: How to eat fried eggs:
Eat every bit of white, carefully peeling all around yolk,
until you are left with this.
Then ask for a piece of toast.
Dry toast.
Very dry.
Nancy - who talked to Marilyn, one of my angels, at Bible study - called me out of the blue yesterday. She had some friends visiting from China. They are married and live and work in China. He spoke very little English and she spoke fluent Chinese. Nancy asked me if I would like to meet them and they could talk to Joshua. At first, I said I would think about it. Honestly, I wondered how Joshua would feel about having to talk to a stranger just because they were Chinese. Know what I mean?
After I hung up the phone, I asked him if he wanted a Chinese visitor and he lit up like a Christmas tree. Quick as a bunny, I dialed Nancy back and said, "Come on over."
And we were BLESSED!
First item on the agenda: "Please find out why Joshua has been up since 2:30am this morning?" Although he didn't talk a whole lot he enjoyed the visit immensely.
When Chinese is in the air, we get to see Joshua relax and respond without the anxiety of language.
He is so CUTE!
Thank you, Nancy, for blessing our family. What a gift to meet your friends, hear just a tidbit of their story, and have a time for Joshua to connect in Chinese.
I
promised the kids I would post this picture. I cannot believe this cat
even wants to sleep in a room with 8 people making LOTS of noise.



No comments:
Post a Comment