Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ready for Home

Ready to go? I asked him if he wanted to go home and he emphatically said, "No!" Joshua enjoys Mommy and Daddy time. Who wouldn't in a family of 11, right? Mommy enjoys one-on-one time too, just maybe not in the hospital.
Last vitals.
Breakfast.
Joshua eats his French toast straight up. No butter. No syrup. Plain.
All hooked up. He asked me to take a picture of his stickers and wires. 
Joshua commandeered the camera. The last nurse we had was awesome. I cannot count how many times she asked if there was anything she could do or get for us.
 
Please do NOT take my picture. I have not taken a shower, brushed my teeth, or looked at myself in a mirror. The residents didn't make much eye contact at 6:30. Bless them.
Joshua found an extra stethoscope hanging on the IV pole.
He thought that was pretty cool! It's not hard to find his heart beat.
While we waiting for the doctor, Joshua bolted for the activity room.
He was proud of his plane.
Just as we were going over discharge orders with the nurse, the resident came and said that Joshua's blood work showed abnormalities and it was suggested we get an abdominal ultrasound. Stay a little longer? No problem versus a whole day in the future to schedule another test. The IPOD kept him busy and entertained.  Due to his "interesting" anatomy, the tech went and got the pediatric radiologist because she knew that the Dr. would want to look for herself. Thus, we were in there for a while. Again, I was grateful that Joshua is cooperative and patient. 
 
Time to go through Joshua's eyes. 
 
Oh, look. Visitors.
Sweet dogs who knew their job. Joshua has been a cautious around dogs but he enjoyed patting these two.
  
I laugh when I go back and see what he takes pictures of.
 
And we are out of the children's wing!
Into the elevator with pack mule Mommy. Suitcase,  bag with computer, bag with noodles, toy bag, extra bag with stuff I thought I would need and didn't, hospital goodies.
On the way home, we made our way to another pediatric dentist for an appointment to discuss in-hospital dental work. I decided I prefer that we land in the same hospital where our cardiac team is (versus Boston). Dr. M made it very clear that Joshua wouldn't be getting any dental work done in the office. Too risky.

We got home around 6:30 after picking up 3 prescriptions for Joshua, 2 for Trey, and 2 for Kloey.

I gave myself an un-official degree in pharmacology. 

Home was happy to see us.

Everyone was glad to be under the same roof. 

Especially Joshua.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are home... Continuing to pray!!

    Jaclyn
    http://adoptutah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer . . I hope you all get some much needed rest! Joshua is just a light, I cannot get enough of that smile! Even through the miles, if there is anything I can ever do, please let me know. Praying without ceasing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for sweet Joshua!!!

    Sooooo Happy you are all HOME :)

    ReplyDelete