Sunday, October 23, 2011

China Hearts Bound by Love and Circumstance


Remember the three China heart kids mid-summer?

Seems like a lifetime ago that they were waiting....

Much has happened.

Three families united and completely in love.

Three adoptions.

Three heart catheterizations.
 One surgery completed. Joshua M. is home and doing well after a wild ride from China to hospital to home with some scary moments in between. A true miracle that his family got there just in time. We saw Joshua M. in China and he was in bad shape. God's timing is perfect.

One surgery tomorrow for sweet little Elisyn who is ready for her own miracle that will fix another broken heart. Please pray for her family as they love on Elisyn through the surgery and recovery. Give them the peace that passes all understanding.

And our Joshua is feeling better and has become quite the active little man after starting on some medication to help his heart not have to work so hard. Joshua will not be having open heart surgery as his pulmonary hypertension is too high and was unresponsive during the heart cath.

Right now, Joshua is concentrating on being a typical 8 year old boy by learning to ride a scooter.
 And playing with his brothers.
 Micah gets brownie points for trying to keep up with the bigger guys.
 Throwing pop rocks was lots of fun.

 Joshua is not one to be left behind. 
Up and down, up and down he went.
 He is happy being one of the crowd.
What a blessing for us to watch him discovering new things and having so much fun. He is happy kid and easy to be around.

Then there is the other part.

Joshua is terminally ill. 

There, I said it.

Maybe saying he has a life-threatening illness is better. 

Not really.

Joshua is medically fragile and has a bunch of other things going on in addition to his heart condition. We are still in the process of discovering what those things are and what we need to do about them in order for Joshua to have the best quality of life possible.

Yes, quality of life. That is where we are. 

And right now, it's very, very GOOD.

Live for today, and hope for tomorrow. 

5 comments:

  1. Sending love and prayers to you!!! Looks like the quality is pretty darn good!! I am sorry that you had to say "it"..... God can still work miracles..... Praying hard for you friend!! God never gives us anything we can handle... You my friend must be one strong woman!!!! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's not easy living with a lot of unkowns in your future. There is ONE who already knows the rest of your story, and I pray that He will give you strength for whatever the future holds. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Joshua is one handsome little guy with a wonderful family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what to say. I will be praying that Joshua continues to have a life filled with joy with a family who loves him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer,
    I'm sure this was a very hard post for you to write. Prayers for all of you as you grow to love your newest member and give him the best life possible.
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post makes my heart so happy as I've been praying for all three of these sweet kids. Thank you for the update.

    ReplyDelete