Monday, May 23, 2011

Adoption Hiccup

I am still swimming in paperwork.

The bright side is that it gives me something to do while waiting.

I800, D230, 864W, Affadavits, Agreements, Referral paperwork...

HICCUP.

Our home study agency will not be able to do any of our post placement visits or reports because they are losing their accreditation that would enable them to do these for China over the next 5 years. Sad because the social worker we worked with won't ever meet our boy.

AARGH.

Back to the drawing board to find another agency who is appropriately accredited with China and our placing agency. I think I found one.

BOTTOM LINE:

More money. Lots more money. Up front.

Fortunately God continues to provide in every way.

We are grateful that our hiccup will not affect our timeline.

Dossier went to China on 5/13 so we are at Day 10.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the hiccough. These things are never smooth, though, unless I've missed a story out there where it all goes perfectly :-)

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAYING for you....Hiccups are NO FUN, but glad it doesn't affect the time. PRAYING!!

    ReplyDelete