Sunday, May 15, 2011

Arizona Birthday and Flashbacks

My 47th birthday (gasp, did she just say that) was spent with my parents while we were vacationing in the desert. My birthday dinner request was steak and potatoes (I am not in my vegetarian stage at the moment). Off we went to Pinnacle Peak and Trail Dust Town.
FLASHBACK: We have been here before circa 2002.
Can you believe what my mother is doing?
I warned her this was totally blog worthy.

She was wrapping up 4 slices of big thick WHITE bread
to use on a casserole for Easter dinner.
She has guts, that gal.
One of my favorite children: Micah-do.
Yet another favorite: Trey-bey.
Wanna guess how many people asked me if they were twins?
NOT kidding.

There are cut off ties everywhere at the restaurant.
Formal attire is not tolerated at this cowboy outpost.
Here comes the grub.
Hey, at least I know where they all are.
Can't tell if they are happy or sad about their predicament.
2002 FLASHBACK
My handsome cowboy.

O.K. Very cool car.
The boys were rendered speechless with the awesomeness of it.
A train ride around the perimeter is a highlight....

I was tickled pink at the seating arrangements that they chose.
Once in awhile I get lucky.
This is a FANTASTIC picture of two people
who do not like having their pictures taken.
All aboard. Couldn't resist.
Best grandparents ever.
2002 FLASHBACK
Cora, the prospector.
Me thinks she came up empty.
Font sizeAfter dinner, we were treated to a Wild West show complete with gunfire and men falling off roofs. It was so exciting that I forgot to take pictures.
2002 FLASHBACK waiting for the show.
Everyone was mesmerized. A certain someone enjoyed the show a lot more this time around. In 2002 she kept her hands over her ears and her eyes screwed tight the whole time.
Nothing is sacred in blogland.
Lipstick is a must in the wild west.
Back at home, it was time to top off the night with delicious
strawberry rhubarb and coconut cream pies.

Celebrating with my peeps!
Thanks everyone for making my special day a good one.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Precious photos of Mom, too funny!
    Lipstick (always) and taking home bread in her purse.
    Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make turning 47 look like a lot of fun!!
    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete