Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Dedication

Happy Mother's Day!
I come from a good line of wonderful, caring, Christian women. I miss my grandmother whose birthday was May 3rd. My grandmother loved her grandchildren and showed it in many tangible ways. I was blessed to spend a week with my Mom in April. She filled me with kind words and wisdom from above. I am grateful to have excellent role models as I wade my way through womanhood.
I cannot help but think of the three other mothers of my children who are surely thinking about the fruit of their wombs. That they chose life for these precious souls is amazing. We are grateful.
Today, we had the privilege of dedicating Micah and Trey to the Lord. When the Pastor asked if we agreed that these children came from the Lord, Bob and I laughed. Oh yes! God brought these children and abundantly blessed us.
We all gathered up front
and took up most of the stage.
Trey was blessed by Pastor Marc.
Then Pastor Marc held him up for a special blessing.
I wonder what he was thinking
as he was looking at 200 people?

Pastor Dan blessed Micah.
Micah was listening intently.
A cuddle with Mom after the blessing.
Not sure why I was looking right at the camera when apparently everyone else was praying. I think this was during the blessing of the boys and then the girls that were dedicated. I was happy for these children to be blessed and pledged to be brought up in the light of the Lord.
I AM BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment