Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Got Tagged

What fun!  Dawn, over at http://arethesekidsallyours.blogspot.com/, tagged me in a MEME. 

Whatever that is.  The power of Google says:
 "The definition of MEME is "An idea that spreads like a virus by word of mouth, email, blogs etc."

I'm game since Dawn is so FUN and has an amazing ministry to her family and community simply by who she is, what's in her heart, and where her treasure clearly lies.

The meme…
 
The (bendable) rules:
You must post these rules.
Each person must post 11 things about herself on his/her blog.
Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
You must choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post.
Go to each blogger’s page and mention that you have tagged
him/her.

1)  What is your greatest food weakness?

Chocolate,
Nachos with medium salsa,
& Popcorn.
In that order.

2)  What is your favorite activity?

Sadly, at the moment, my favorite thing to do is reading blogs.
Or reading a good book.
Often the drama is about the same.

3)  If I gave you $1,000 what would you donate it to?

Someone's adoption.
OR
Clean water.

4)  What is one dream you had that has changed since your childhood?

Oh goodness. I NEVER thought I would have nine kids or live in the same area/state for 23 years. We moved around when I was young so I didn't think about staying put. 

5)  What is your favorite book of the Bible?

Lately it has been Genesis because every time I'm there, I discover a new angle.

6)  What is something you like to do by yourself?

Shower. Obvious I know but you haven't had three babies in three years.....
Laundry. (I have a system.)
Painting. (Good praying/thinking time.)

7)  What would be your dream vacation- if you had any kind of money?

We would really like to try a cruise as a whole family.

8)  What would you do with a whole day to yourself?

I could go in a few directions here.
- Lay in bed and watch movies, eating a lot of #1 above.
Conversely:
- Get up and clean my whole house with spit and vinegar.

9)  What is the "worst" chore you have to do?  (or as my grandma wold say you get to do ;)

 Clean my bathroom. I avoid it at all costs. Gross, I know.

10)  Who is the person who has influenced your life the most?

My parents. Things my Dad said to me as a teenager/young adult have stayed with me and I hear myself repeating MANY of their mantras to my own kids. I think it's all good.

11)  Why do you blog?

My blog is the scrapbook that I will never have.
I hope to inspire others to love each other along the way.

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1.  What do you want to be when you grow up? :)
2.  When you were 18, how many kids did you (or do you) think you would have?
3.  How many vocations have you had and what are/were they?
4.  Coffee, Tea, or Some Other Kind of Caffeine? What flavor?
5.  What do you crave? (Food, time alone, etc)
6.  What is the furthest place from you home you have been?
7.  If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
8.  Are you a chicken/beef/pork kind of gal? Favorite main course/meal?
9.  Have you ever won anything? (Raffle, lottery, etc)
10. What Bible story (be specific) do you think about again and again?
11. What genre of music do you listen to the most?


PEOPLE I'M TAGGING:

Lisa @ Where Chaos Meets Creativity
Rebecca @ Chicken Scratchings
Jenny @ Our Plans Multiplied
Elizabeth @ Heartfelt Homemaking
Leah @ Forever Young
Lia @ Lia in Houghton
Hannah @ My Blissful Chaos
Kristin @ Trying to Control the Chaos
Jessica @ Our Life
Jennifer @ Myah is home and our journey has just begun!
Becca @ Mama of 10

Some of these lovely ladies I know well and others I would like to get to know better. Some people like Phoebe already got Meme-d. Come on Phoebe, I know you want to answer my questions, too!

3 comments:

  1. I participated! :) Check it out! Hope you all are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!!!! Will be linking you up in a future post soon :) THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn tagged me too and I wanted to see what someone else wrote. I'll be doing mine tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete