Here is the "good side" of our older 2002 Chevy van. This workhorse of a vehicle has never failed to get me where I needed to go whether sleet, snow, or rain. It is a tank and incredibly stable in the New England weather. I have always felt safe which is why we gave the old girl to our son to drive back and forth from school this year. It's rusty and used but has a certain patina of well worn usefulness.
About 5:00 pm last night, I got a call from my son. One of those heart dropping calls. "Um, Mom, you need to call a tow truck because the wheel fell off." Say what?
He was on his way home going around 55 mph when the lug nuts snapped and off went the tire, rolling away into the woods. He managed to stop the car and get it off the road safely although I imagine that was an intense 20-30 seconds. I am grateful that he was alone in the car and that he is okay except for a few sore muscles. He learned a few lessons in car care and what to do in the event of an accident.
The van may have met its final demise, the point of no return.
Jury is still out.
Hold on, I think the junk yard is on the other line.....
No comments:
Post a Comment