Today started out pretty well. I got my ducks in a row, laid out instructions, gathered my errands together, and finally left myself 10 minutes to take a shower, get dressed and darn if I didn't have to sew a button on those black pants.
Bob came home from work and picked me up to go watch our oldest son, Jerrod, accept a Scholar Athlete Award with hundreds of other kids from around the state. Before the ceremony, each school had their picture taken with the Governor. While lining up, he gave them a pep talk and plugged his Alma mater.
One thing I like about a small state is the access we have to the governor. I have personally shaken hands with him three times and my various kids another three times.
Camera woes. I only had the little Canon today because my big camera was acting up. All of my action shots were a dollar short and a dime late. We chose to sit in the first row of the balcony. That turned out to be an adventure. Let's say the crew sitting behind us was smelling like they were still in the party mode from yesterday.
We are proud that our son (who I made stand facing the sun) lettered in two sports and maintained good grades.
Since we happened to be in the state capitol, I realized it would be a great time to get Joshua's final piece of paperwork related to his adoption. Good thing we went because both of us had to sign a notarized paper in order to complete the application.
To celebrate we lunched at my favorite fast food gourmet restaurant.
After dropping Jerrod off at school, we went to the post office to mail:
1) An American girl doll who lost her hair.
2) A photo book for the Guardian Ad Litem (only a year late)
3) A box of candy, destination: Hangzhou, China.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the babysitter was all tied up.
Just kidding, we were fooling around with the packing tape earlier in the day.
Missed my babies.
Enjoyed a day out with my husband.
We talked goals, money, and kids.
A few red threads appeared.
Then the old van broke.
Like in pieces.
And it's dead.
But that's a story for another day.

sounds like a beautiful crazy Monday :) We had one too, my friend, and I held tight to your words in an e-mail as another day of sickness and being backed into at the drs office and feeling overwhelmed by a stack on my desk.... thank you for your honest post!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful day--all except the van breaking--hope it's an easy fix. :)
ReplyDelete