Saturday, March 26, 2011

Blind Side

When will I ever learn?

Maybe never, which keeps life interesting.

Anyway, something came out of our home study process.

One of our kids is worried.

We did check in with everyone when we thought about adding another child to our family.

We talked about the medical condition of our China guy.

One of my sensitive children has been worried about him.

About him dying.

One of our sensitive children is having a hard time.

Dwelling on it.

The fact is that our son's heart condition is very serious.

Probably inoperable, leaving his future uncertain.

What amazes me most is that it didn't matter to Bob and I.

Well, it did matter, of course, but it wasn't at the top of the list.

That is how sure we were.

God defies logic.

I wish I had caught the worry sooner.

Kids with traumatic backgrounds require diligence, more thought, lots of planning.

I often forget to let them know about upcoming events that will rock their world.

Which happens just about every day.

Learning.

Still.

No comments:

Post a Comment