Saturday, March 19, 2011

Who Are We Waiting For

Linny, at A Place Called Simplicity, has no idea that she was a major catalyst in my change of heart.

You see we ALWAYS fostered and adopted in age order.

We felt very strongly about that and still maintain that doing so has contributed to the health of our family.

But one day I was reading her post about NETS and that was the turning point for me.

"At once they left their nets."

To follow Jesus.

Instantly I felt that age order wasn't going to be a net I got caught up in anymore.

No one was more surprised than me.

Then I found this precious face that made my heart leap.
Having looked at many waiting children over the years,

I was not prepared for the thump, thump when I saw him....

after being freed from my "net."


God has provided the funds, nurtured the desire, opened doors that appeared locked.

Our needs are simple.

COULD YOU PRAY?

We are paper chasing with voracious intensity.

Might you pray for our little boy to come home soon?

He has an extremely complex heart condition and every day counts for this precious son.

We have prayed for favor over every desk and hand that touches our paperwork, that this process would be expedited if it is His will.

All of our days are numbered, I know, but his so much more so.

God has truly blessed this adoption in many ways.

A wonderful friend commented last week, when we were stalled yet again, that it only gave God more time to show His miracles.

I know there are lessons in waiting, but I also know that laying my heart at the feet of Jesus and following His call without counting the cost leads to immeasurable treasure in heaven.

1 comment:

  1. i know you posted this partly for me to read. thank you... it means so much. you know i am praying and cannot wait for the day we can ALL be together. love you all.

    ReplyDelete