Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Progress Equals Excitement

We continue to walk the road to China.

Trying not to run,
but it is hard
when you know a little boy is
waiting on the other side of the world.

Wow, is it time to get excited yet?

Our home study is wrapping up this week.

We then apply to the state for a waiver.

My passport came back in 3 weeks, check.

Local police clearances, check.

Medical exam forms completed, (took a few tries), check.

Certified birth certificates from other states, check.

Marriage license, check.

I have a few letters I have to sit down, grunt it out, and write. We have one last form that we need another person's participation in. We are stepping out in faith and working on several processes concurrently.

Praying for favor across every desk this paperwork goes.

A little boy is waiting.

I believe in the Red Thread: Everything is interconnected. Exciting to see what "coincidence" will show up next.

Today, I talked to someone about contacting the local private high school that has a high number of foreign students. I am hopeful that next fall we can get a Chinese student to come over once a week for a Saturday afternoon to help our boy integrate into our family. It would be great to know that we could have a translator initially to allow him to voice his fears, likes, and dislikes outside of sign language and emotions.

We need to be a little further down the road before I can tell the whole story, but doors continue to swing open with this adoption.

Amazing.

God.

3 comments:

  1. PRAYING those doors continue to swing open for you precious son!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea :) He is so handsome!! Is this your first adoption from China? I guess I should look more closely at your family photo :)
    What treasures!
    Looking forward to getting to know you better :)
    Blessings,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I know it's a lot of paperwork. Asking that the doors continue to open for this precious one to meet his forever family.

    ReplyDelete