Thursday, March 31, 2011

Twelve Years

Twelve years ago, a miraculous thing happened.
This beautiful girl was born into the world.
Everyone gets their banner.
Erika and her friend, Sophie, dished up dinner,
linguine with shrimp alfredo sauce and asparagus.
Camera's out! Mom, take my picture.
"Mom, mom!!! Take me!"
The big kids make and decorate their own cakes now.
I'm over it. I love how proud they are.
Besides, I AM trying to work myself out of a job.
Marble cake with cream cheese frosting, yum!
Getting every last bit.
Some girlfriend fun!
Love her kind of fun!
A whole package of candles this year.
Dad did the lighting honors....
with one match!
She's adorable.
In one breath!
Erika is a treasure. She understands the depths of the human soul way beyond anything I will ever experience. She has suffered, lost, and gained more than I will in a lifetime. Erika has the hope that will last for all Eternity. She wants to share that with others. Love this girl, desperately.

No comments:

Post a Comment