Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Birth of a Boy

AND.HERE.HE.IS!

At last, we meet Joshua. He was ANXIOUSLY waiting for us. He was early and our driver was delayed by traffic. Waiting, waiting, waiting.

He was looking out the window when we opened the door and jumped right down with a HUGE smile on his face.
He tentatively gave me a hug. Very sweet.
He greeted Bob, "Hello Babba."
Our guide was super in preparing us and helping to keep our expectations in line. She knows Joshua fairly well and thought his personality would lend itself to a successful day yet we needed to be prepared to move forward on his time table.

And then......Joshua commandeered the camera......for quite a while.
Oh my. The paperwork. The only thing I didn't bring was what I needed. The Letter of Intent paperwork would have been very helpful because basically we had to fill out the same thing. I was feeling a bit scattered so did my best. Lots of papers to sign.

Meanwhile, Joshua thought playing with Bob was very cool. They laughed and giggled and put legos together.
Did I mention JOSHUA.IS.SMART? He got those legos out, opened up the booklets and went for it. He is a busy boy. Coloring, playing, exploring, smiling, putting things together and taking them apart again, yoyo's! Let me tell you about the yoyo. I never saw anyone do that. He put the yoyo on the ground and pulled it like a car on a string and proceeded to roll it up. Wowsa! I never thought of that.

I got a little lap time too!
We were introduced to Ultraman.The initial paperwork took almost 2 hours. We handed over out gifts and away we went for a family photo.

All is well. I will report on our first impressions and our first night together after breakfast.

Later gators.

9 comments:

  1. Ooooooooo I just knew waiting up late and refreshing your blog a hundred times would pay off!!! Jennifer he is gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love it! What is the name of your guide? I find it curious that you say that she knows Joshua very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer and Bob, I cried when I read today's entry. I thought of him as my Hu Fan Kang and he is now your Joshua. He looks sooo happy!! Congratulations to all of you. He is so dear.

    (Isn't Vivian wonderful? The other woman is one of the vice-directors and she is in charge of international adoption her name is Ying Ying. I though you would want that info for his memory book.)


    Blessings to all of you. I am so happy for all of you.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! He is absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, awesome!! He looks so happy! Cannot wait to meet him

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL! I am overjoyed to see Joshua with you at long last. Congratulations!

    Blessings,
    Andrea (Bryce's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific! He looks wonderful and I'm so glad for all of you. Love Ultraman; bought Aidan a set of them at the Beijing zoo.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for you!! So extremely excited!! You put a smile on my face which is hard to do right now :)

    ReplyDelete