Friday, August 26, 2011

The Second Day

Thursday, August 25, China Time.

We are still trying to wrap our minds around losing a day. Especially when we skype with home and can't remember whether it is morning or night. I kept my computer clock the same as home. It helps me to glance up and think about what everyone is up to at back in the USA.

Second Day, After Breakfast

We walked down the street to a travel agency to get our plane tickets to Guangzhou.We see lots of bikes both manual and electric piled high but this cart was man-powered.
Lotus root for sale.
The weather this week has been reasonable. It is hot and humid but so far it has not been stifling. Our guide said it was unusually "cool". I'll take it. About 10 minutes later we arrived.
Joshua is doing very well with his new name. He responds when we call and doesn't seem to mind at all.

Joshua has the camera again.
Joshua may be a photographer yet.Snoozing in the office.
Thanks buddy.
We purchased our tickets and headed back to the hotel.
To get anywhere we generally have to cross this intersection. It's practically death defying.
Bob is intrigued by how people know when to go. They start hedging forward and stand in the middle of the road until the green light.
For all those who who traveled to MassHope with me and know that I have a jay-walking problem, you will be happy to know that here in China I am behaving.
On the way back to the hotel we stopped and got Joshua some noodles.

Then we went "yoyo". He had been asking all morning. He had never been in a pool before.
I think he liked it. He was quite startled when a little water went up his nose.
The pool is located on the fifth floor and is top notch with the most fancy locker room I have ever seen.Next stop: Back to the Civil Affairs Office for the official adoption.

1 comment:

  1. We would find older people crossing the street and just follow them. Certainly an adrenaline rush.

    ReplyDelete