Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Have A Pile!

I've joined the club!

I have a pile of stuff in my room waiting for China.

And we are adding to it daily.

After my last post about not being ready, I had a breakdown. Yes, folks, a real live cry-fest. Waaaah.

My girlfriend kidnapped me on Saturday night and took me shopping. She matched all the outfits and helped me feel a lot less lost.

We got:

Clothes for Joshua.

Enough for 7 days while we are in China.
Won't be long now. Visas are here.
Suitcases are out.
Comfort food.
One can never be too prepared.
Personal pharmacy.
What a quandry. I could have cried standing in front of underwear display. Boxers? Briefs? My friend said, "Maybe they don't wear any." Someone told me her boys came in lacy purple girls' undies. Oh, my. We went for whitey-tidies.
Stuff to do.
Legos, backpack, bubbles, pillow pet, crafts, balls, dragons.....
boy stuff.

I'm feeling better now.

Except, I have nothing to wear.

Waaaaah.

5 comments:

  1. That's ok... You could wear the same outfit the entire time you are there and it wouldn't matter because you will be the happiest momma there!!! Just throw some stuff in and smile..... YOU ARE GOING TO GET YOUR SON VERY SOON!!!!!!!

    I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Glad you joined the party. Aidan came in a pair of adorable little red undies with elastic waist and black Chinese characters on them, so your briefs are closer to what he wore than boxers would be. Looks like you're on top of things now. I went shopping for me tonight to get a more modest swimsuit but no luck-mine is not immodest, it's just that the Chinese have different standards and I wanted to be more covered up on top than I am in my suit. Have to dig out an old one, I think.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!!!! FUN!!!! I agree that it won't matter what you wear because you will be soooo happy to finally have him in your arms :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH, I cannot believe that you'll be on our side of the world so soon!! I have chills just reading about you packing underwear for your son :)

    We are in Fuzhou, Fujian Province. Not too far from Hangzhou. I'll be praying for your trip and your union with your son. What a blessing! Have a great flight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Welcome to the pile club! It a messy but GREAT place to be!

    ReplyDelete