Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch

The biggest question seems to be:

Who is taking care of home?

Because after all, there is a lot to take care of.

And guess what?

My life is messy.
"Keepin' it real" picture of the week.

This lot found beneath a certain boy's bed.

It was very stressful thinking about leaving for two weeks. Our kids are wonderful and have adjusted into our family magnificently. BUT we have never been away from our kids! Well, once we went to a marriage weekend. When we go, we go big. Anyway, the fact is, that our kids who have had a lot of disruptions in their lives don't always do well with schedule changes. Prayers appreciated for them and their caregivers.

WE.ARE.BLESSED!

Because we had to skidaddle early, it left Sunday to Wednesday without kidcare. The bulk of that is landing on Jerrod's capable shoulders.

First up, Uncle Marc to the rescue. He called on Friday. "Hi. I heard you were leaving for China soon. Is there anything I can do?" God bless Uncle Marc as I told him I needed someone to hang out with the kids on Sunday. He was there by 7:15 am and we were able to say good-bye.

Thank you, Uncle Marc.
Next comes Monday and Tuesday nights. Jerrod has soccer practice at night and we wanted an adult to sleep at the house. I asked my friend to make sure things stayed calm, cool, and collected around the barnyard for the next few days.

Thank you, friend for loving my kids and helping support us.On Wednesday, Grandma and Grandpa will be at the helm until we get home.

They will surely know their grandchildren by the end of this adventure.

We are incredibly grateful for their mission trip to the Peterson homestead.
I am also grateful to my friend Lisa W. for being my e-mail liaison and a terrific prayer warrior. Talk about somebody who cares!!! Thank you, Lisa. The prayers of a righteous (wo)man availeth much.

Tomorrow is the big day. We leave to meet our new son at 2:15 pm China time. It's easy because we are exactly 12 hours ahead of East Coast Time.

Time to sleep and get ready for the big day.

Until tomorrow friends.

5 comments:

  1. Leaving my kids was the hardest part of our adoption adventure. I hope the time goes by swiftly so you can all be together again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are blessed with wonderful people in your life; it must be a big relief to you. Hope you can remain "entertained".

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited... WOW you will meeting him so soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Old Lutheran shirt on grandpa. I don't know you personally, but have been following your blog and have been praying for your family !
    Amy Weseloh, Minier,IL

    ReplyDelete